Friday overnight shooting incident in Corsicana results with five people dead and three injured, report

Corsicana, Texas – Corsicana man reportedly killed four and injured three other family members before turning the gun on himself Friday overnight in Corsicana.

According to the local police department, officers were dispatched at the scene to a home on the 2900 block of W. 2nd Avenue around midnight after someone reported that a man, later identified as the 41-year-old Kevin Milazzo, killed his family.

When officers arrived at the scene where the shooting took place, they found a total of four victims suffering gunshot wounds. According to the first responders, the shooter’s mother and her husband were already dead as a result of the wounds they sustained in the incident.

Two more victims with apparent gunshot wounds were airlifted to undisclosed Dallas hospital for treatment. Police didn’t reveal additional information about their condition.

“They’re just really good people. They didn’t deserve for this to happen to them,” said neighbor Kim Felix.

In addition to the first shooting incident, deputies with the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department were dispatched to another location in Frost, where they found other shooting victims. According to the deputies, the victim’s 21-year-old son and a 4-year-old boy were found shot to death. A third victim, an adult woman, was also found at the scene with apparent gunshot wounds. She was transferred to hospital for treatment.

The conditions of the three survivors are not immediately known. Further information about the genders or ages of the victims, including the child, has also not yet been released.

Corsicana police said detectives were able to identify and track the suspected gunman by the GPS navigation system in his vehicle.

Corsicana police and SWAT were joined by deputies from the Navarro County Sheriff`s Department who tracked the man to a location along Farm-to-Market Road 1129, just south of Roane Road. Police said they asked the vehicle’s monitoring service to remotely turn off the vehicle’s engine and it soon came to a stop.

When authorities arrived at the location, they approached the vehicle just to find out that the shooting suspect was suffering serious self-indicted gunshot wounds. He was treated at the scene and immediately transferred to a local hospital where he later died as a result of the wounds.

Because the shootings are still under investigation and because relatives are still being notified, no names or identifying information have been publicly released.

This is a developing story. Once more details about the incident are available, we will update the case.

Stay with us!

Related Articles

Comments are closed.

Back to top button