Following the September’s home explosion, Dallas firefighter finally heads home from hospital
Dallas, TX – Dallas firefighter Ronald Hall was finally released from hospital and headed home following the home explosion incident in September that left him injured.
He was hospitalized and treated in the UT Southwestern Medical Center and was sent home on Tuesday.
The natural gas home explosion incident took place in apartment complex in Oak Cliff in September when a total of four firefighters suffered injuries.
Hall suffered second-degree burns across his body and broke his leg.
The road to full recovery is long and hard, but Hall is happy to be alive.
“There’s never a down day when I get down when we were in the burn unit. I saw other people in worse circumstances than us. When I’m in rehab, you know, yea I wish I could walk. You know, this leg’s in terrible pain. I can’t say every day it doesn’t go through my mind but it’s just like I’m gonna walk. I’m alive,” he said.
Hall said he is thankful to the community for their endless support, but also to the medical staff who treated him well since September.
Before the incident, Hall said he has plans to retire in January next year.
The Assist the Officer Foundation is hosting a fundraiser for the four firefighters in the Highland Hills Apartments explosion.
There is a chili pie and bake sale Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Dallas Police Association Office near Griffin Street East and South Akard Street. Donations are also being accepted online at atodallasrelief.firstresponderprocessing.com.