Man beats months old ‘crying daughter’ while he was trying to ‘play video games and drink shots with his virtual friends online,’ parents charged

Young man and woman, parents of five minor children aged 8, 6, 4, 2 years and an 8-month-old daughter, will most probably serve jail time for beating and injuring their infant in an incident that happened few months ago because the baby was crying while the young father was trying to play video games.

According to the police report, the incident happened late November last year when the 8-month-old baby girl was brought to hospital with severe injuries all over her body. The hospital found that the child had sustained “a skull fracture and significant swelling on the right side of her head.” Luckily, the baby survived and is expected to fully recover.

The father, identified by the authorities as the 23-year-old T. Hurt, and the mother, identified as the 24-year-old D. Vick, were interviewed by the local authorities in Nebraska right after the incident. As per multiple reports, the couple informed the police the infant sustained the injuries after she had fallen off of their couch twice while getting her diaper changed.

However, once the doctors in the local hospital where the infant was admitted completely examined the baby and found out that she had fractured skull, they informed the police such serious injuries were unlikely to happen if the baby had only fallen off the couch. That prompted the local authorities to once again investigate the whole incident.

Hurt was arrested by the police mid-December and interviews him again. In his second interview, the father told the police “he became frustrated with his daughter for crying while he was trying to play video games and drink shots with his virtual friends online.” In frustration, Hurt said that he took the child upstairs and threw her into a travel crib set so hard that her head hit the wall.

Hurt went even further and demonstrated to the police how he done it exactly. According to him, the baby that day was fussier than usual because she had missed a nap earlier in the day. Once his daughter began to cry, Hurt claimed that he began to cry himself over what he had done. Since his arrest, Hurt pleaded guilty.

Vick initially said that Hurt’s mother had witnessed one of the child’s falls off the couch, which she said occurred at 4:15 p.m. and 6 p.m. that day. When interviewed by officers, Hurt’s mother said that she had witnessed a fall after dropping off two older grandchildren from school, according to the Omaha World-Herald. She also said that she did not see the infant’s cranial swelling until the following day.

Months after the incident, authorities decided to arrest the mother last week and in her second interview, she confirmed she had witnessed her husband’s outburst against their daughter and was upset by how he handled the situation. It was not immediately revealed if the mother entered guilty plea. The infant and the other four minor children have been placed into state care after her arrest.

Hurt and Vick are still in police custody, with bails set at $82,500 and $25,000, respectively, according to Westport News. Since his arrest in December, Hurt has pleaded guilty to his charges. Vick has yet to enter a plea.

Related Articles

Comments are closed.

Back to top button